Maggie went as Princess Odette, AKA the Swan Princess. She did spins for the judges and was very excited for the attention.

Spencer went as Captain Hook and brought little Peter Pan along as part of his costume. They were so cute and the Judge said he was the nicest Captain Hook she had ever seen. 
Matthew went as Harry Potter. Before he walked the carpet I looked at him with pleading eyes and said "Please be normal". Why on Earth would anyone say that to their kid. Thank goodness he didn't listen to me. Instead of normal he was extraordinary. He did a spell on the judges (a killing one I think, Spencer said he thinks he did pick-me-amos) and totally played the part.
Of course there were more kids participating and the judges needed time to think. When they were done thinking they explained that they judged on more then just appearance but also on how well the child played the part.
And the winner was .................... HARRY POTTER, I mean MATTHEW 
He was so excited! I wish I had my video camera. He just could not believe that he had won. He told me that after he hadn't won second or third he thought for sure that he wasn't going to win.
After the shock of winning the $75.00 book fair certificate wore off he did what all 9 year old boys dressed as Harry Potter would do (right?) and started posing for pictures. He was truly Harry Potter.
3 comments:
yay! that's so awesome!
Way to go Matthew! Ok, I'm in love with the little Peter Pan.
Woo hoo Matthew!! That's exciting!
Post a Comment