Mom said:
In the dark of the night came a lone child (wait maybe his sister already came in once), In the dark of the night came the SECOND lone child. Mom I had a bad dream. That's all I remember!
Next morning:
Matthew said:
Last night I had the worst dream, it was really bad mom. I dreamed that we were all in the car and we were driving and then I saw an Orphanage. I said that looks like a nice orphanage. I asked why are we stopping? And dad said because we are dropping you off. I was saying No please no but you guys weren't listening. Then I woke up!
I tried to shake off the dream by remembering that we are a forever family (he really said that). It made me feel better but I still went in your room.
You said that it was o.k. and that you and dad loved me to much to do something like that. Well look at that I am a good mom even in my sleep. Oh wait, and then you told me I could sleep on your floor if that would make me feel better (now there is some serious compassion). I went back to my bed and just kept remembering that you love me.
We do love you Matthew, A LOT!
( If you are a dream analyzer, I don't want to know)
4 comments:
That is super sweet. Those are such hazy middle of the night moments. It's great that all it took were some reassuring words for him to calm down!
I don't always remember my middle of the night ramblings to my kids either. Good job on saying the right things.
And someone has been teaching that boy some good things if he is able to remember and comfort himself about being a forever family.
See, despite doubts, you really are a good parent. Good job!!
I like to tell Logan my crazy dreams so that he'll remember to tell me his. Most of his are about superheros and fighting them. Typical.
Maybe when he gets older he'll dream about orphanages. :)
aww...that's so great! PS, we found the shoe. =)
Post a Comment