The spirit was so strong and each conference address and class I took was very specific to my needs as a wife, mother and daughter of God. The trip was also special because it was the first time that we took time out to visit the Temple during our trip. Just imagine filling your entire spiritual well up and then going to the house of the Lord to really drink it in. I can't believe how clear your understanding and love for the Lord multiplies when you are in the Temple.
I feel so uplifted, happy and spiritually fed that I had to add a little something to my blog title to emulate my thoughts and feelings and warn people that it is going to get churchy. BECAUSE........

We are putting together hygiene kits. Ashlee and Amber are stuffing combs and I am folding towels. When completely finished with an auditorium filled with Latter Day Saint Women the grand total of kits (hygiene, school and infant) was over 30,000. It is an Earth shaking opportunity to be part of this.


It is not very often that you experience something where everyone is cheering, hooting and hollering and yet the Spirit is present and very strong.
Mt. Timpanogas Temple
This is the best shot we could get because it was raining and oh so beautiful outside. Did I say......
"I LOVE TO SEE THE TEMPLE"?

Concert
Yes I said concert and yes it was complete with waving cell phones, dancing and shouting. One of my favorite parts every year, FOR SURE. This year we even go to get our picture taken with Alex Boye. Thank you Ashlee and Amber for rocking out with me at this fabulous event. SING IT WITH ME....................
Oh, sweet Caroline, good times never seemed so good
Sweet Caroline, I believe they never could

I am so excited to share some of the things that I have learned. Stay focused because this is your last warning. THIS BLOG IS GOING TO GET CHURCHY. I am trying to think of fun ways to share so not to get to BORING. For example I bought this EXCELLENT book by John Bytheway (How To Be Miserable) so I have decided to devote my Monday's to becoming MISERABLE. So if you are interested in learning how to become miserable you must tune in. But be warned, By learning how to be miserable you may also learn how NOT to be (miserable that is). (quote by John Bytheway).
I can't close my post without giving a SHOUT OUT to: Ashlee my sister in law, this is our third Women's Conference together and I love getting to know her and picking her brain. She is a great example to me of a mother, friend and LDS women. YEAH ASHLEE!!
And my friend Amber. I am so glad you were able to come and share this experience with us. YEAH AMBER!!
One last SHOUT OUT to him that I truly love, MY LB. You are the most awesome person I have ever met. Thank you for being there for me and supporting me. YEAH LB!!!!
4 comments:
Oh I am so jealous!!! I'm glad you had such a wonderful time. You'll need to share some of that spiritual food! See you at book club!
Maybe one year I'll make it to one of these. I'm jealous, but also really happy for you that you were able to go. See you soon!
It looks like it was a blast!! I so wish I could have gone ask me as=gain next year. Life should be easier by then....fingers crossed. And I totally want to learn how to be miserable so post those lessons you learn. John Bytheway is one of my most favorite authors.
I am glad that you enjoyed it so much. I am trying not to be bitter that you took Tribunal with you and made me stay up late to quick read Sarah so that you could be the book hog. You also took one of my v.t. supervisors with you and she missed our cool, cool visiting teaching conference on Sunday. But don't worry you are forgiven- as long as you do share your cool new insights with me ;0)
Post a Comment