Smart Ones (on sale) make a great meal. I bought three each of four different types of entrees and added meat to make it a meal. To the Ravioli's and Pasta Primavera I added frozen Tyson chicken strips and to the Santa Fe meal and Cheesy Marinara I added lean ground turkey. They were all very yummy! The portion sizes were about 1 cup, not really filling so you will want to add a good vegetable and maybe a fruit for the sides. With the Santa Fe meal we had a couple of corn tortillas. Looking back at my tracker each meal including sides was about 6 to 8 points.
This is one of my favorites, so yummy. I bought Tyson already cooked grilled breasts (the ones I bought were hickory), so easy. I just heated them according to directions and served it over rice with these two great marinades I picked up at Sam's Club. One is called Mr. Yoshida's marinade and the other I can't remember the name but it is sweet and tangy (sweet and sour sauce only yummier). I added a vegetable (usually green beans) and some seasonal fruit (apple slices or oranges). My tracker said that with sides it was about an 8 point meal.
This one is my absolute favorite (we still have some in the freezer). I bought this Tilapia at Sam's Club and it is so good. Once again I served it over rice drizzled with sauce (sweet and tangy was my favorite). On the side we had broccoli and pineapple chunks. The fish fillets are 5 points each with sides my tracker says it was about a 7 point meal. The kids ate fish sticks.
There were some other things that we tried but these meals had the least amount of points and they were the yummiest. The frozen dinners definitely freed up more time to spend our afternoons outside chilling with the neighbors. However, the number 8 (meaning 8 points) may seem small to some but when you follow Weight Watchers the number 8 takes on an entire new meaning. An 8 point dinner put evening snack on the back burner for another day and I need my Skinny Cow.
All in all the frozen dinners were a success, everyone enjoyed them. It gave me more time for other things and no dinner time rush. I will definitely be adding a couple frozen dinners to my weekly dinner menu.
LOW POINT QUICK CASSEROLE COOKING IS NEXT!!
I am going to try to make two at a time one for dinner and one to freeze.








3 comments:
I can't live without Mr. Yoshidas, it's my favorite! Those look great. I love being able to have a fun relaxing afternoon outside instead of slaving away in the kitchen.
What a great idea; I've never thought of adding meat to them. You feed them to your family or just you? (I hoard those puppies like gold)
I love Mr. Yoshida's sauce so yummy! Those dinners sound delicious!
Post a Comment