Tuesday, August 3, 2010

8 Is Great

Spencer had a very special day on Saturday. I say Spencer but it was really a special day for our entire family. Choices and decisions like this put us closer and closer to our goal of becoming a "Forever Family".

MY LB and I are so proud of Spencer and the choice he made to be baptized. He is such a special spirit and has worked hard to increase his faith and testimony leading up to this great decision. I love him for allowing his dad and I to truly use our testimonies and knowledge to lead him and guide him. Along with support from the missionaries, grandparents, and his brother Matthew.

Spencer is an incredible person and we are so blessed to know him and be the ones chosen to raise him in the Gospel of Jesus Christ.

It was a very special day....

Spencer and his dad played I Am A Child Of God together. Spencer had been
practicing so hard and MY LB had been working overtime to get his String Bass fixed so he could play with him. Their hard work payed off and it was a beautiful performance that brought the Spirit.

A picture of the String Bass under construction in my front room (I called it "FrankenBass"). I am still in awe that this LB of mine is so talented.

Spencer had two great grandpas attend his baptism. What a great blessing to have your two great grandpas be witnesses to one of the greatest moments of your life.

I love this kid!


I will forever cherish this picture and the example that Matthew is for his younger brother.


MY LB and I also shared an anniversary on this day. I was so happy to share this experience with MY LB on our twelfth anniversary. That evening we were discussing what our favorite memories have been and we both agreed that our most cherished moments come from our Savior. The birth of our children, being Sealed in the Temple, and the baptism of our sons. We look forward to what the future brings and many more cherished moments together.

7 comments:

Jesmyluk said...

Congratulations Spencer & the rest of the Mecham clan. It is such an amazing moment in your life to be able to witness the baptism of your child & I can tell you that its one moment that you never forget! I'm so happy for you all & so proud of the wonderful young man Spencer is becoming.

8 IS great!!! ;)

Jessica P. said...

How fun to have your sons baptism on your anniversary. Happy Anniversary, you guys are such a great couple!!

Unknown said...

It was a neat experience. I love that my kids have older cousins who set a good example.

Anonymous said...

This is so special! Congrats to your boy and family! I love that after all these years you are still a great example to me =o) you'll always be my YW leader!

Shannon said...

awesome memories!

The Gearharts said...

Awh makes me all sad and mopey we went around. I was just thinking of you last night about how much I miss you and need a movie night. Spencer is great, always has been always will be, cant beleive Jeremiah can fix his bass as well, he is super talented. I have the framed china of my mothers hanging above my sink here and it makes me think of you guys. If you're ever up for a trip out here you always have a place to stay. Always.

Hall of Halls said...

Jeremiah truly is amazing & talented & so are you. Your kids are lucky to have you two. I'm glad the baptism went well. Clayton just got bptized too. I love the last photo with you & Jeremiah & the lights behind you- very cute!