Monday, November 1, 2010

You Are Your Own Worse Critic

You are your own worse critic seems to run pretty true for most people. However, I do believe that I have found an exception to that rule. AND... it makes me wish that "I" was my own worse critic.

Please note that in my eyes everything is going great. The kids and I are having fun and learning together. At times there are battles, but in my eyes we get through them quickly with very little casualties and move on. I do believe I may be wearing "foggy mommy" glasses.



Last week I am guessing that I was having a fairly bad day. I don't remember thinking "WOW" I am having a bad day. But Spencer (you know the one), kindly informed me before for he and Maggie left for piano that I should have plenty of time to take a nap while they were gone. WHAT? I am pretty sure I can't describe the look he gave but it meant something like this, "You know what I am talking about, right?" That kid always acts like he is doing me a favor when he speaks his ornery little mind.

I wish he was my only critic... But alas this evening after family night I planned on sewing with the kids again. Making animal skin pouches like the Nomads, clever, inventive, fun, and definitely a time sacrifice, as I HAVE BEEN teaching them all day. So sweet little Maggie was called on to give our closing prayer and she nicely asks "Please help us not to make mom mad while she is helping us sew" (MY LB and I shared an open your eyes and smile moment, so special). WHAT? I thought I was patient, VERY PATIENT, considering sewing is "no" easy task to teach elementary students.

So you see here "I" am patting myself on the back, "Well done Christy!" And those darn kids are saying it how they see it. What is that saying? "Out of the mouths of babes." I think I have a better word for "babes", ANYWAY, let's just say I have a few tooooooo many critics living with me.

5 comments:

Jesmyluk said...

All I can say is...HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA...

Sorry but that prayer is very familiar. LOL

Any news on NJ yet?

Hall of Halls said...

Gotta love those kiddos!

Unknown said...

haha!

Nicki Kitchen said...

Ahhh..yes they certainly have a way of slaping one in the face with some reality. it hurts some times, and yet sometimes I want to point out to them all the fun things that happened that day too.

Arizona Dunbars said...

I feel your pain!!! Unfortunately mine are usually right 8(