Every year for the past several years my sister in law and I have gone to Utah for Women's Conference. This was the second year in a row that it snowed on us so I figured in the spirit of Christmas I could declare this MY most wonderful time of the year. Five days and four night without the normal stress of life. It is so blissful and peaceful and wonderful and the time away makes me feel so grateful. By now you are probably thinking that I am "full" of it, well you would be correct. I am full of the good stuff, the positive deposits that are made during moms annual time away.
I have really come to love and cherish the time I spend with Ashlee. She has become my sister in the gospel and is there to encourage me to do good. We always have the best talks on the way there and on the way home. She has been a great example in helping me with homeschool as well.
This year I truly had the best experience I have ever had. I feel so on top of my game with my studies and prayer, being a Gospel Doctrine instructor has helped me there. It keeps me on my spiritual toes and the knowledge I have gained has become truly invaluable to me. This year at Women's Conference I attended classes that focused on family and personal objectives that I have been working towards. Every instructor truly inspired me to be the best that I can be, depending on the day, my mood, whether I am hungry or tired, sleepy or just plain in a rotten mood. In other words my best changes daily and even hourly but as long as I know the direction I am heading and rely on the Savior to help me get there I can make it.
Sister Beck is one of the most remarkable women I have ever met. When she speaks I feel as if she is speaking directly to me and I know the thousands of sisters sitting around me felt the same way. I know that she cares about me, understands me and wants me to find success in all of my endeavors. Amazing that I know all of this and I have never personally one on one spoken to the her. She knows me because like her I am a daughter of God, living my Earthly state and persevering the best that I can.
I feel so blessed to be a member of the LDS church. It gives me hope and happiness for brighter days and joyful blessings to come as I strive to keep and obey the commandments of God.
Highlights of my trip....
Being with Ashlee
Deseret Book Concert (rocks every year)
Service (newborn caps)Shopping
Snow
Crafting and watching movies
Temple Square
Dinner with Alison
Being alone to think and ponder
I look like I am getting older! Of course I feel like I am getting older, pretty soon I will be taking all of the classes that they offer on raising a youth. I will be learning how to bring up a youth in the gospel and how to prepare him for a mission and temple marriage. Wow! It seems like just yesterday I was taking classes on becoming a wife and mother. I do love the changes that are occurring in my home and look forward to the things to come.
3 comments:
I'm glad you two are able to spend this time together every year and get a break from the daily routine of life. I love and respect you so much for what you give and do for our family every day.
Your LB.
I love that you have this tradition, what a great way to recharge! And your hair is getting so long, it looks great!
This is one of my favorite things to do, too! I look forward to chatting with you and getting a break and being uplifted. Thanks!
Post a Comment