Friday, July 15, 2011

The Great Sedona Escape

I love last minute let's get the heck out of Dodge trips.  There is no planning, just get in the car were going.  We only stayed for one night but we had a "great" time.  Sedona is so beautiful!

As soon as we arrived the kids were eager to get there mini golf game on.  The boys played their own game and only came chasing each other with their clubs once.  I think they are getting along better.  Of course I took Maggie and MY LB down in a close not so close round of pro-mini golf. 

It was really warm in Sedona, so much for escaping the heat.  We went swimming after dark and had a great time playing water volley ball (I lost so we wont dwell on that for long).

Early the next morning we went on one of our favorite hikes.  The kids are becoming great hikers and even show some enthusiasm for the sport.  After that it was more swimming and a grand finale of a family mini golf tournament (once again we wont dwell on that).

On the way home we stopped to say hi and happy Father's Day to pa-pa and me-me.  The were pleasantly surprised!

MY LB is so wonderful to surprise us on Father's Day weekend with this great idea to escape to Sedona.  He kept telling the kids that mom gets to pick where we eat and what we do because this trip is especially for her.  I totally fed into that!

Do to things going on with our home we have to fore go a big vacation this year so every chance we get to escape is pleasantly embraced.  We will be visiting Sedona again towards the end of summer and we are all very excited to redeem ourselves at water volley ball and mini golf (that's right LB, you heard me, you are going DOWN).






This is one of those pictures that brings questions with age. 
What am I wearing? 
Did you ever brush my hair?

3 comments:

Courtney said...

Weekend getaways are so fun! I love the new blog look:)

Jenna said...

that is awesome, what a great guy to plan that for you!! It's nice to get out of the everyday for awhile.

Malie said...

I love Sedona. It is such a fun place to escape to.