We celebrated two birthdays this summer. Spencer turned 9 and Kendal turned 4.
Spencer: I tried to talk him into going to the mall with me but he declined. Instead he went to Cabela's with his dad and bought his very own, very first gun. He was very excited about it and can not wait for the weather to change so he can go shooting with his dad more often. Spencer is getting older and making wiser decisions with his money (I love it). Every cent the earned or was given in the past was spent on video gaming (BLAH). Each year I get closer and closer to having a house full of youth and each year I get more excited to take on that great endeavor. As sad as I am to say goodbye to babies I love spending time with my grown children.
Spencer had a day of fun, movie, swimming and Chuckee Cheese. Lucky 9 year old!
Spencer had a day of fun, movie, swimming and Chuckee Cheese. Lucky 9 year old!
Kendal: What is it about girls and horses? My girls love horses; horse books, horse stickers, horse toys, horse coloring books, anything and everything horses. This year for her birthday Kendal had a Barbie birthday and all she wanted was a barbie with a horse. Dad and I did her one better than that and the cutie girl ended up with three horses and the best darn barbie stable a daddy could make for his princess.
We put the stable out at night after she went to bed and that night when she snuck into my bed half asleep she said, "My daddy made me a stable" and as quick as a flash she was asleep next to me. The next morning she woke me up and asked if it was a dream or if her daddy really made her a stable. Of course I told her she wasn't dreaming!
I love birthdays! A special day to celebrate the special people in my life.
P.S. My wonderful camera I love is on the fritz so I have been borrowing from Matthew, Spencer and MY LB. I can't wait to get mine up and working again.
2 comments:
Awww Happy Birthday kids!!! I cannot beleive how big they are all getting!! Kendall was just a baby when we left! And Maggie got her ears pierced?!?! Wow!! McKenna is only now expressing interest in getting her ears pierced. I told her for her 8th bday if she is still interested we'll get it done.
I had so much catching up reading everything you guys have been up to. Totally not surprised by how busy you have been. That's just so you!
Luv ya & miss ya gobs & bunches!!!
Can I just say that that cake is awesome!!! Best mom ev-er! So much fun. The kids are getting so big so fast. She was just a baby when we left. She is a cutie!
Post a Comment