Sunday, November 13, 2011

I call this blog "vomit"





You know what happens when you eat and eat and then you spin and spin and spin. Well it's like that with my stock of memories. Lot's to take in all different varieties; scouts, holidays, moving.... etc. So much that it makes my head spin and spin and spin. The outcome.......





http://planetsmilies.net/vomit-smiley-9529.gifhttp://planetsmilies.net/vomit-smiley-9529.gifhttp://planetsmilies.net/vomit-smiley-9529.gifhttp://planetsmilies.net/vomit-smiley-9529.gifhttp://planetsmilies.net/vomit-smiley-9529.gifhttp://planetsmilies.net/vomit-smiley-9529.gifhttp://planetsmilies.net/vomit-smiley-9529.gifhttp://planetsmilies.net/vomit-smiley-9529.gifhttp://planetsmilies.net/vomit-smiley-9529.gif http://planetsmilies.net/vomit-smiley-9529.gif

I call this.....
BLOG VOMIT





Matthew is cruising in Boy Scouts! At his last Court of Honor with Troop 894 he earned his Second and First Class. He is aiming to be a Star by January.





***************************************************************
For the month of October we lived in a furnished vacation rental while we waited news about a possible job transfer to Indiana and looked for a rental worth renting here in AZ if we stayed. I really wish I would have gotten pictures of our vacation rental. In Spencer's words it was very luxurious and you could live here during any holiday and it would already be decorated. In my words it was a southwest, country, Victorian explosion with a hint of Christmas, Fall and Easter.





Patience is not one of my virtues. After two weeks in the vacation rental we found out that we would be staying in Arizona and our rental search began.





I can't tell you how absolutely humbling, scary, disgusting and disappointing this process was. We encountered many things I hope to never set eyes on again including.... the most disgusting dish washer imaginable, junk yards I mean back yards, crickets coming out of sinks by the dozens, missing cabinets, hoarding neighbors and the piece de resistance a dead kitty. I am not even going to explain the smells we smelled.





I am so thankful for the vacation rental so we could keep searching and find a rental that would suffice. ONLY, four days before move in our rental fell through do to neighbor issues and landlord issues. So on Monday I went out by myself to find something worth renting in ONE DAY so we could move in on Friday. Alas I found something and it was in the same church ward as our vacation rental. We think someone was praying for us to stay in the ward.

I am my own worst enemy and I do believe I deserved this abuse!




**************************************************************





In the meantime our lives moved on......

MY LB and I went to a Hockey game that was AWESOME. We were in the Toyota Club with free food (can't beat that), seats directly behind the opposing teams bench (no blood) and a good taste of the Hockey life.









**************************************************





We also got a taste of the "rich life"! We received tickets to a benefit ball from MY LB's work. It was very nice, prom night for mom and dad. I bought a new dress and MY LB a new suit and we looked "GOOD". Dinner was great and dancing..... well we left early..... just like prom night, JUST KIDDING!!!




********************************************




Outsmarted4to1; home school has been going great despite our moving set backs. I am indeed thankful for libraries and our new Core Knowledge curriculum. My kiddos are absolutely amazing! We have also been working on Scouts as part of our curriculum which took us on a field trip to the Arizona Capitol building where we took a tour, wrote our own bill and took some great camera phone pictures. Too bad later that day I ran my phone over with the car and our pictures entered a black hole. Not one of my better moments.




*********************************************




Moving was hard work! We are not good at doing things at convenient times for others to be available to help out. So with kids in tow, a very good friend to help and a borrowed trailer we made four very productive trips. Part of the leadership education our family participates in is the value of work and how it is part of being a family member. This week and the next we kicked this value in the butt. The kids were absolutely amazing and blew our minds with their productivity and valiant efforts. Maggie with her wagon full of boxes, Spencer and Matthew with their muscles and Kendal with her whistling tunes made it through two full weeks of moving, unloading and organizing. We were so proud of them!

All of their hard work paid off when they finally go to the box with the WII in it! Happy days at last!




*******************************************




Of course we didn't skip Halloween. At 2:30 the day of the Trunk or Treat Spencer found the box with the Halloween costumes in it. The kids all cheered and gave him high fives and MY LB and I gave a sigh of relief. We were afraid that since the kids didn't like our idea of being moving boxes for Halloween were going to have to buy new costumes. We are definitely finding that things have a way of working themselves out.

The Trunk or Treat was fun for all of us and it was nice to have dinner that didn't come from a fast food restaurant. We celebrated Halloween a few days later with a pizza party with Steph's Clan and Trick or Treating in our new neighborhood. The chocolate has helped me keep my wits about me, yummy!









Oh yeah that felt good!



4 comments:

Amber said...

What an adventure! Glad you finally found a place. When you are to company let us know. Or maybe we could borrow Matthew for a while so he and Lawrence can hang out.

Unknown said...

Those barfing pictures were gross! :)

Jenna said...

So glad to see you are still doing so well. I don't know how you do it all but you do and you do it amazingly well. :)

Lucia said...

wow, you've been up to a lot! I wish I lived closer to you and ashlee, I need some good inspirations for homeschooling. i started Tjed this year. and I LOVE it, but I could use some good core stuff... did you say you had core curriculum? Glad you're settled, your optimism is inspiring. ;)