I had the best be where your piggies are day on Thanksgiving. My piggies were loving all of the family visiting and enjoying our new atmosphere. We are right next to the park and Ashlee's clan came early so we could play, take a walk and we even had a mini picnic.
Sounds easy for my piggies to endure, NO, there were definitely obstacles.
I roasted a turkey that didn't even get carved, I baked a pie that didn't get eaten, the kids and I decorated the table that got undecorated, my kitchen got cramped, dinner was late and I really thought my piggies were going to start dancing around in a manner that looked as if I may be stomping my feet. But, I didn't let them, I kept my cool and enjoyed a very yummy Thanksgiving feast.
The following day we had another Thanksgiving feast as a family and brought out my turkey and pumpkin pie. My kids are my biggest fans, they kept saying, "Man, mom your turkey tastes so good we should have had it yesterday instead." Oh kids, I know grandma is a better cook then me, no need to butter me. Who am I kidding, I enjoyed every minute of it, I sizzled!
Admittedly, I did have a moment of weakness during one conversation but we are all entitled, right?
So despite circumstances my "piggies" made a good day out of what was available to them. NO, It was a great day with; food, family, visiting, playing and the kids had a blast too, because mom let them play....
Spencer bubbling up with Sparkling Cider.
(I am pretty sure he over did it on the
bubbly because he puked)
Maggie and Aunt Kosette with Grandma's yummy rolls.
(She really is this fun!)
Grandpa and Grandma Jones joined us as well. I know MY LB and his grandpa look shiny, it's their Aura's, very righteous angelic men. Kosette snuck into the picture and because of that her Aura is a little darker. But, I guess that's what little sisters do.
P.S. That night and early into the next morning MY LB and I kicked Black Friday's Butt. It was the second year that he has joined me, he hates it. But, after year one and now with the goings on of year two he has declared that I can NEVER go alone again, EVER. He made the rule and now he must endure. I love him, he is such a good guy, he honestly would do anything for me. I try hard not to take advantage of it, really I do. But I think he likes doing anything for me, or he pretends really good like. Either way he is amazing and I am the "luckiest".
1 comment:
way to go on Black Friday! I'm hoping David will join me when the kids get older... :)
Post a Comment