MY BFF
Our first stop was a visit with Alice's clan. Alice and I have been friends since sixth grade and have spent many great moments, some of my favorite, together. I love her and I love that our families have remained close after so many years.
Waterfall Hike
Double Date
Two Friends Hanging Out
Off to the BEACH and KNOTTS
Next we were off to our beach side resort. We spent Monday at Knotts Berry Farm. We had such a good time. Once the kids over came their fears they were on a ride-page. I couldn't believe the rides they went on, and LIKED. We recently had watched We Bought A Zoo and in the movie they talked about twenty seconds of courage, the kids used this as their motto for the day. They kept telling each other, "Come on, it only takes twenty seconds of courage". It worked!
I used my twenty seconds of courage to go on the worst ride of my life and came very close to loosing my stomach. WORST RIDE EVER! Love roller coasters, HATE to spin! I was spinning, swinging and getting higher and higher.... I can't talk about it anymore. I had to take a good 30 minutes in the sun sitting completely still before I could continue on our Knotts adventure.
The kids each had their favorite rides and wanted to go on them again and again (which we could without getting off because there were no lines).
The boys favorite ride, 301 feet in the air spinning round and round. It was a pretty cool trip, once was enough for me.
Maggie, LOVED the swings! She stayed on for three rotations one time. I tried the swings right after my ride from HECK and it too was horrible, man I was sick.
Kendal loved the spinning hats and so Jeremiah was doomed to spinning ALL DAY, poor guy. By the end of the night he was all spun out. Did I mention I HATE spinning.
Overall the park was a blast, I liked the rides, we don't know about the food because none of us dared to eat, the entertainment was fun, however my favorite part was this moment I captured as I walked behind my family...
Vacation always brings us closer together. I am grateful for such a loving husband and wonderful children to spend my days vacationing with.
This is how I finished my night, on the kiddie coaster with two of my kiddies. We were screaming, laughing and throwing our arms in the air. A perfect way to end the day!





4 comments:
I haven't been to Knotts Berry Farm since I was a teenager. Love me some KBF!!! I spent a Friday night at the Circle K Pavillion dancing w/ friends. Good times, good times. Sounds like fun & I know what ride you went on that made you sick. giggle.
Love your bangs! I also hate any spinning rides, makes me SO SO sick!
Looks like you had a great time! One of these days I hope to talk my family into a roller coaster trip.
I've actually never been to KBF. Maybe one day. I think my older kids would love it.
Post a Comment