Thursday, June 7, 2012

Baptism Day

Our family has been to several convert and friend baptisms this year, not to mention participating in Temple baptisms.  We have been filled with the spirit of missionary work and the blessings that come from joining The Church Of Jesus Christ Of Latter Day Saints.

Nothing compares to the missionary work that MY LB and I do in our own home.  We have been teaching this fabulous girl about the Gospel for eight years.  Baring testimony, living as an example, reading scriptures and praying with her.  She was prepared for her special day.

 I always wonder about their ability to choose at the age of eight, to make a lifetime choice.  My wonders are always put at ease when that special day comes.  Each of my three baptized children reacted differently but all with a complete understanding of their choice.  They knew they were choosing to follow Christ and his example. 

Maggie's reaction "surprised" me, I walked into the restroom to help her get dressed and her little eyes were filled with tears and she said, "I didn't know it would feel this good."   She knew!


3 comments:

Jenna said...

She is one special girl--how very very sweet!

The Gearharts said...

What a cutie! Congratulations Maggie!

Unknown said...

Such a special day!