
So yes we have been married for a decade. Can you believe that? We have made it through the storms and at times danced in the rain. No seriously storms, let me tell you one of my favorite "is this really our life" stories. So we just bought our first house, So excited. We had lived there about 5 months and things were going great. UNTIL, I remember the phone call like it was yesterday, "I lost my job". So you have to know that my husband is the hardest working guy I know, only this time he worked so hard they didn't want to keep paying him when they could pay someone else less. Good luck replacing him. So here we are a new home, one child (thank goodness), and no income. This is the moment: We are applying for unemployment and state aid (what a drag), we get finished go out to the parking lot where our, oh I don't know OLD VW Bug awaited us (did I mention is was multi colored because we were going to get around to painting it) and can you believe the dumb thing wouldn't start. So here we are push starting our OLD VW bug out of the parking lot at the DES building. SPLENDID!! A fine moment in Mecham history. O.k. that was a while ago here is a more recent storm. People seem to like this story. Last year we had Sea World year passes, AWESOME right? Oh no, no!! First trip my awesome new stroller was stolen during Clyde and Seamore. Can you imagine, good thing we only had THREE kids or that would have been really inconvenient. Second trip, are you ready for this? Spur of the moment trip, why not we have the tickets. At Yuma our AC stopped working (117 degrees), between Yuma and San Diego our AC decided to just go ahead and fall out of the bottom of our van. And we are stranded, have you ever used the emergency phones in California? WE HAVE!! I mean why would our cell phones work? So the tow truck comes and takes us to Boulevard California. Never heard of it, well that's because it is a run down auto shop and a Hotel with no vacancies. Painting the picture: Hot, Dirty, No Bathroom, I am 8 months pregnant, and all of my children all of the sudden need to go POOP. O.K. 6 hrs of that and they couldn't fix the van. Good thing the owner new about a hotel in Jucumba, California. What you have never heard of that either? Well it's a beautiful place (being sarcastic), you can even see a fence that goes on and on dividing California from Mexico. Just a few hotel highlights; healing pools (sulfur water attracts flies), bats and owls drinking the water while you are swimming, T.V. broken, Noisy ADULT neighbors, I have my charger but not my cell phone and Jeremiah has his cell phone but no charger, and the employees were great, most of them broke down too and just decided to stay. Hey, why not? Obviously everything worked out. As soon as our van was up and running we drove to San Diego bought a new van and made it just in time for the night shows at Sea World. We attempted Sea World one more time with the Police visiting our neighbors at our Hotel (domestic dispute) and Jeremiah losing his work cell phone at Sea World(he found it). Sea World is over rated!! O.K so these are silly storms and a bit funny. We feel very blessed to have good health and a happy home. Now let's dance in the rain. Do you love that moment when you see your child for the first time. This is my favorite moment to share with my husband. We have shared it four times in the past 10 years. Another moment that came very close to this was watching my husband baptize our son. He took the time to look up at me and share a moment, wow he is incredible. We have visited many places and love to vacation. We have explored caves, fished colorado, got our picture taken with Mickey, watched Shamu drench our children, hiked the Grand Canyon, braved the dinosaur museum in Utah, snorkled in Hawaii, and Cruised the Pacific. We have also had the opportunity to serve the Lord in many aspects and feel very blessed. It has been a great ten years and we look forward to the next ten years.
3 comments:
I know what you mean Christy! P.D. and I celebrated 13 years in march and I honestly thought,"13? That can't be good. If there is anything to superstition and the number 13 how much worse will this year be in comparison to the last 12." LOL I was right whiel our marriage is always strong it just seems like we get one trial after another. But maybe its because we have such a strong foundation that the Lord knows we can handle anything that comes our way. 80) Good post!! And Happy 'belated' Anniversary!!!
wow, great post! We have those sea world tickets too, only we've only had a good experience thus far. I can't believe YOURS! wow. Poor thing. 8 months pg with no ac and 3 kids who have to poop. Sigh. So happy you shared your good memories too. We've all been there! happy 10 years! (we celebrated our 10 in February)
hehe - wow, remind me never to go to SeaWorld with you guys! It's nice that you can look back and "laugh" about it now. I never heard the full version of your van story before - it's even better than I thought! Thanks for sharing! And happy anniversary!
Post a Comment