Monday, January 5, 2009

Snow Day

We decided as a BLAST into the New Year and a conclusion to our Snow Unit in Afterschooling we would visit the SNOW. It was SNOW much fun!! The last time we went to the snow the kids were to young to enjoy it and cried the whole time. So we were EXTREMELY delighted that they LOVED the snow. Michelle's Clan came with us and even though we only had one tube and the snow was to frozen to have a snow ball fight we had FUN.


Here are some of the HIGHLIGHTS:

Walking in the snow was extremely eventful and could also be classified as EXERCISE.


This is just little Ol Maggie, you should see how far down the adults would go if they didn't walk light on their feet. AND under the snow was WATER, freezing water.





Kendal was not pleased with Snow, What is she pleased with?





Tubing was AWESOME!!



WELL EXCEPT FOR THIS........

Let me tell you a little about my friend Michelle, she and I are a little to much alike. We can get into quite a bit of trouble when we get together and for some reason when we get together we LAUGH a lot. So here is the play by play of our dramatic tubing experience:

"I can't hold it, hurry get on!"
"I am slipping, I can't hold it!"

"Let's just jump on and go!"

NOT A GOOD IDEA
The next thing I remember is flying down the hill losing our balance and the tube was gone but we were still going. I remember two things VERY clearly my back cracking and my face hitting the snow HARD. Now we finally stopped and of course I was in a ton of pain but all I wanted to do was laugh (because that's what we do) only I couldn't because the wind was knocked clear out of me. Oh my Heck, I haven't had the wind knocked out of me since High school basketball. Well I got my wind back and I was finally able to laugh. Yeah, it wasn't funny for long my back was killing me and my face was burning. Moral of the story..... don't go tubing with Michelle because it's not funny.

Here is a picture taken right after it happened (no action photos, darn it).



WE WEREN'T GOING DOWN LIKE THAT



It was a TOTALLY fun day and after the snow we went out for Pizza in Flagstaff. On our way home mom and dad decided to stop in Prescott Valley to visit Me-Ma and Pa-Pa. We didn't get home until midnight (another late night). But we had an AWESOME beginning to 2009.

2 comments:

Amie said...

oh wow, I haven't had the wind knocked out of me since I was a little kid...that hurts!

Jesmyluk said...

Looks like a total blast was had by all! Way to go mom & dad!! Isn't playing in the snow the best with little kids? They make it truly memorable.