So much for teaching morality! I finally gave in and let my kids dress as "trashy" as they wanted.
Here is the outcome of their agency.
Tres Rios
Recycle Fashion Show
Put on by Luke Air force Base
This was such a fun project. The kids and I discussed the three R's all week , planned and put together these awesome recycled out fits.
Maggie was "Queen Recycle"
Matthew was a "Spartan Soldier"
Spencer was a "Skater Dude"
I am always so impressed with their creativity. It was very surprising what we could make from cans, water bottles, foil, cardboard, and magazines. We made crowns, shoes, protective gear, skate board, breast plate, sword, helmets, skirt, shirts, and a purse.
For entering the contest all of the kids received bags full of goodies and Spencer received a $10.00 AMC gift card for participation. Matthew came in third and received a $25.00 Barnes and Noble gift card. Maggie came in second and received a $25.00 gift card too. They were all very excited!
After the show MY LB told the kids that his favorite part of the entire show was that at the end when there were only five kids left on the stage (out of about 20) for judging three of them were his. He smiled and hugged all of them.
2 comments:
I LOVED all their costumes! That was a fun day.
Those were some awesome costumes! And it IS pretty impressive that all 3 of them were in the top 5 :) Great job to everyone!
Post a Comment