Monday, March 12, 2012

Funny of the Day

It would be so awesome if I was writing a post all about how my kids are bilingual now. They all speak English as a first language and Spanish as their second, that would be way cool. Instead, I post this funny bilingual of the day.

Today while in my room hanging up clothes I hear Kendal, "Mom, where are you?" Sometimes I don't answer, I just wait, It is fun! Today I answered and she came into my closet in an outrage,

"Maggie wont let my barbies speak Spanish."

Now I have to admit I have heard her pretending to speak Spanish in the backyard with the dog on numerous occasions. Also to her Prince, I think he is Hispanic. Back to the action....

"I can't make Maggie allow you to speak Spanish while you play barbies."

"Please, I will love you forever" she pleaded.

So I went, "Maggie, Kendal's barbies are bilingual"

Maggie replied with, "What does that mean?"

"Kendal's barbies speak English and Spanish."

"Mom, I told her if she really spoke Spanish I would let her, but she doesn't" explained Maggie.

Kendal pipes in, "I told her I would tell her what my barbies were saying."

Maggie, "That is just plain annoying!"

I loved barbies growing up and seriously if anyone ever tried to speak a pretend language I would have kicked them out of my barbie space before they knew what happened. So, I told Kendal that I agree with Maggie it would be hard to play barbies with someone that pretends to speaks Spanish.

Kendal taking a big breath, "Fine I will try not to speak Spanish."

What a relief!!



Adios Amigos!

No comments: