Thanksgiving was so wonderful this year we were delightfully busy and happily STUFFED.
It started with a cafeteria lunch at the school (not to promising I know but it will get better) with my three kiddos. In all honesty I tried to talk the kids into letting me pick them up and go out to a restaurant. Unfortunately the school ice cream cups won the deal, but I must say the ice cream was tasty. PLUS, I guess the experience is important and it was Maggie's first Thanksgiving lunch at school. My mommyness is sliding a bit and convenience and good food is taking over.
The week of Thanksgiving MY LB was home all week and it was so good to have him home. The first day he woke up made breakfast and packed lunches. When I came down stairs he said, "It wouldn't be fair if you didn't get a bit of a vacation too." Isn't he great? Well we found out when you have two adults trying to get three kiddos off to school things get left behind. On Tuesday I had to drop off, Matthew's Trumpet, Spencer's homework and Maggie's folder. Two is better than one, right?
MY LB worked in his wood shop for most of his days (making a dollhouse, shhhh). I could tell he was LOVING it. He did take a timeout to go to lunch with Maggie, to watch a Barbie movie with Kendal and to spend time with me. He said multiple times that he loved being home with me and Kendal. I spent most of that week cleaning for our Thanksgiving guests. I wasn't trying to trick MY LB into thinking that I clean all day and NEVER sit down to the computer, I just had things I needed to get done. The tricking part was just a "bonus".
Thanksgiving day arrived and everything was wonderful. We went on a family hike, had a wonderful feast, played games, ate dessert and ended with some good quality WII time. I love spending time with family and taking the time out to be together. The kids had a great time with their cousins, Jeremiah was able to spend quality time with his parents and brothers, the kids also got grandma and grandpa time and I spent time with my sister in-law (who is great). We were also blessed to have the Missionaries over and I must say, they are NOT smarter then a fifth grader. It was a wonderful holiday.
Saturday my best friend from California and her family came to visit. We had such a great time reacquainting ourselves. We always have such a great time when we are together I just wish they lived closer. After letting the kids and the husbands with their RC cars play at the park we headed out for a no kids double date. It was AWESOME!


I hope Maggie and Olivia become great friends just like their mommy's.
It's beginning to look a lot like Christmas.










2 comments:
What great memories! I'm glad you're all decorated, it looks great!
Wow, I can't believe how big all the kids are getting!!! It's crazy! Patrick and I will be visiting in January (I think), so it'll be good to hang out with all of you. :)
Sounds like you had a great Thanksgiving! We went to my friend's family feast, and it was great. Her sister-in-law brought a turkey that was COVERED with bacon then roasted. WOW. I made my mom's pumpkin cheesecake pie...Yum! And I ate so much I wanted to lance my belly and let the pressure be a little bit relieved. :) I sat in a movie theater instead to kindly let my system do its thing.
Anyway, thanks for putting the pictures up. I love the visual of how everyone is doing!
Love ya!
Post a Comment