Tuesday, February 24, 2009

I quit my job today

Yes it is true and very official. I am giving my two weeks notice to my boss. Which is a huge shame because my boss is totally HOT. I just can't take the stress and pressures of my job any longer. Sure my boss is totally great and has very low expectations, I mean despite my very poor work habits and lack of organization he still tells me that I have done a great job and that I make him happy. Go Figure!!
Well today was IT!! I mean how can I work with these people. They are totally intolerable and have no respect for my place of work. True it is part of my job to teach them this respect and yes the realization that I am lacking in this area causes me great stress. However their lack of skills in the flushing department and the youngest with her need to put her signature on everything as if I don't know that it's her work. COME ON!!
They should know by now that everyday there is crunch time and deadlines. They never pull through for me we always end up in a crazy frenzy. Something is always missing and can not be found without my help. Someone is always still hungry (as if) and everyone wants to bring unneeded items along. Why do they have to be so difficult? It is CRUNCH time people, let's go!
My place of work is an absolute mess. I know I am the one responsible for upkeep and the people under me do their share but I just can't keep up. Yet day after day my boss acts like the place is sparkling clean. Some days I just can't believe that he doesn't notice that you can't even walk without tripping.
Still he keeps me with no signs of firing and no verbal warnings. Well regardless the stress is more then I can handle and a boss with good looks, GREAT benefits and excellent tolerance is not enough to keep me here. I don't think!
I mean face the facts after ten years of employment this place should be running itself.

Dear Boss,
I here by declare my two weeks notice. I give you two weeks to replace me. If you find someone within those two weeks I will help train her.
However, I will also take a counter offer of a promotion, higher pay rate, more vacation time and an increase in my BENEFITS.
Yours Truly,
Stay At Home Mom

2 comments:

Amie said...

LOVE IT! =) too cute. I was scared there for a minute that you were quitting preschool cuz I'm hoping you'll take Ethan in a couple of weeks!

Torrie said...

Oh, can I quit too? Thanks for being honest and making me feel like I am not the only one who gets beat down with Mom jobs sometimes.