Tradition
Every year MY LB and I spend our Valentines Eve making hearts for our kiddos. We write notes to express our love and gratitude to each of them. We top each love letter off with a candy and heart attack their doors. We also hang something special from their door knobs. This is our LONGEST (maybe only) family tradition and I have to say I enjoy the time I spend with MY LB writing the notes as much as I do posting them and seeing ALL of the happy faces in the morning.
ANOTHER TRADITION
So I can NOT let my family journal go without making history of this. I came across this game at an ESTATE sale in Sun City (SIN CITY) of all places. I love this game for SO many reasons. Every Valentines Day MY LB and I pull out the game board. It is just what the box says, "A Beautiful Game for a Couple to Share". There are great questions that stir up FANTASTIC conversation and help us to get to know each other better and find out how much the other person really knows you. Just like any other game you move your game pieces around the board and by the end of the game things pick up a little. So anyway, it's tradition and a memory that I want to live on FOREVER!!
(Jolene do not feel obligated to comment)
As well as the hearts and game we made treats (chocolate covered pretzels and strawberries), MY LB spoiled me with a YUMMY yet healthy breakfast ( down 16 pounds, YIPPEE), MY LB and I spent the day watching sappy chick flicks (we don't know what the kids were doing) and there was a YUMMY dinner and a quiet night. Isn't Valentines Day Grand?
5 comments:
What a nice way to spend the day and I LOVE the flowers!! Happy V Day.
Yum! Looks so nice! I love the Valentines on the door tradition!
How long have you and YOUR LB been married now? When I read that, I had the impression you were screaming those two words each time you wrote them...
That last comment was a bit too personal and a request was made that I delete it. :)
I did love reading your post, I love the heart attacks and that breakfast looks YUMMY!!!!
Sounds like a nice gooey Valentine's Day!
Those are great traditions! We heart attacked Cyrena this year, she loved it!
Post a Comment