
The PROPOSAL
....Easter 1998....
MY LB looked amazing in his suit and I was wearing a new red dress with a bit of Asian flare. I knew he would be sitting on the stand with his String Base just waiting for me to enter the Chapel and I wanted to look "HOT". And I was right I did look hot, just kidding. I was right he was sitting on the stand smiling at me as I walked in (BIG SMILE). I sat down with his family who were being abnormally nice to me (should have been a clue). It was getting very close for the Glendale 28th Ward's Easter program to begin and that's when it happened. A brother so an so called me up to the stand and there was MY LB standing there with "RING" in hand. He got down on one knee and asked me to be his Eternal Companion. Of course I said yes, he was so charming and handsome. We kissed (over the pulpit I think) TEE-HEE! And than I went back to my seat and he went back to his. So there I sat with my sparkly ring and smile on my face making googly eyes with my FIANCEE from a FAR distance (it seemed far). I remember having a selfish moment of wanting all of the people to go away so I could have him all to myself. But than the music started to play and I watched his hands move across the strings (he is good with his hands) and all of the sudden I was PROUD that this talented man was going to be MY HUSBAND. It was so perfect! MY LB is so perfect!
1 comment:
I remember that day! And I remember how incredibly sweet and perfect it was. Oh, how I love my brother. So so much. You both are so lucky to have each other! Thanks for posting that memory...it's one that reminds me of what a great family I have and how special my brothers are. Another favorite memory of mine is when Jeremiah blessed Matthew and got all teary during the blessing. Jeremiah never ceases to amaze me and to pierce my heart with love and the pure knowledge that the gospel is true and that eternal families are the most important thing in this life and after this life. (tears in my eyes right now) I love that boy.
Post a Comment