
Lately Spencer has been all about his mom being BEAUTIFUL. In the morning, "Good morning beautiful mom." When I show up to volunteer in his class room, "My beautiful mom is here!" And when daddy says he is the luckiest man alive he says, "Yes you are because mom is the most beautiful woman." Oh, this is reminding me of a story about a Spencer birthday wish. On Spencer's third birthday much to my surprise (and everyone else's) Spencer wished for this, "I wish my mom was the prettiest mom." After making this wish he looked up at me with the proudest smile like he just did me a serious justice. Well I am not sure exactly what he was wishing for but I do know he was very consistent in his wishing as he had THREE birthday cakes that year and wished for the very same thing each time. He also smiled that proud little smile every time only the last time he looked up at me and said, "yep because you are the prettiest, right mom?" So, shout out to you Spencer for making me feel like THE MOST BEAUTIFUL MOM IN THE WORLD!!!
5 comments:
i love it when our kids make us feel this way. my kids left today with their dad for a couple days and they are all so worried about me being lonely! i'm glad they care.
Out of the mouths of babes. Spencer is right you are beautiful! And what's most important is that you are beauitful inside and out. Its so wonderful when our kids make us feel like we are the most fun, the most beautiful, the most loving mom in the world. It shows that we are appreciated! That we are loved more than we realize sometimes. That we matter to the most people on the earth, our Heavenly Father's children. And it reminds us to be grateful for His love, His blessings in short for His children. "Shout Out to Spencer!! Hey Yeah!!!" ;0)
What a sweetheart!!
Man, is he going to be a true ladies man or what? It cracks me up to see his teeth still gone, mostly b/c it totally reminds me of Claire now that she is missing so many teeth. They must be soul mates because I always connect the two with their mannerisms, smiles, and personalities. Ha!
What a TENDER story!! How precious little Spencer is!! :) He's right, you know. You are BEAUTIFUL! :)
I absolutely LOVE the pictures on your blog! You have a gorgeous family! :) I loved being up at the Crop with you in Prescott. It was seriously jaw dropping to watch you create 25 scrapbook pages in just a couple days!! I am in awe of your creativity! :) I'm happy to know you! Hope to be able to spend time with you and the girls again sometime. :)
Post a Comment