Monday, June 22, 2009

Loving Summer

Every week of summer brings new adventures and fun memories. Last week will be hard to beat as it was particularly busy with fun.
On Monday grandma invited us to go to Sedona with her, Uncle Philip and her friend Susan. It was so beautiful and such a great break from the desert. After Sedona we went and had dinner and yummy (some experimental) smoothies with Amber's Clan.


SEDONA

Where are the boys? Aren't boys suppose to like mud? Maybe it's an age thing and they are to old to get DIRTY. Or maybe mom took all the fun away when she said "No throwing mud". I personally think that girls just know how have more fun. GIRLS JUST WANNA HAVE FUN... THAT'S ALL THEY REALLY WANT....SOME FUUUUN!

These pictures are very deceiving. Upon looking at them you may think, wow those Mecham kids really loved the water. But alas NO they did not. Matthew was not worried so much about the Crawdads but what may have been eating them (the two we found were dead). Spencer swore that he saw a Water Lizard and Maggie was concerned based on the cries of her older brothers concerning water creatures. Kendal was the exception, she loved it. Matthew says it's because she doesn't know any better. TEE-HEE!!



This may not be as big of a deal for you as it is for me but THIS IS ME!

All in all it was a great day that brought us all closer together. Just look at these siblings loving each other.

Wednesday we spent the entire day with Me-Ma and Pa-Pa. It was a beautiful day once again beating the almost heat of the Valley.

Hanging out with Me-Ma and cousins





Me-Ma raises baby bunnies and we love baby bunnies. Watching the girls with the bunnies brings back so many memories of being a little girl. I remember dressing the little bunnies up and pushing them around in my baby doll stroller. As soon as I have a baby bunny in my hands their soft precious fur pulls me in and I am a little girl again. Kendal was especially loving them, look at her smile. She called them Meows.



Friday daddy came home from work early to hang out with his family that he missed so much. The boys finished yet another reading expedition and we were off to Chuckee Cheese. We had the best time, really we did, I was surprised too. It was early enough in the day that it was not busy and we all had such a good time. On the way home we stopped at the park and then stopped at Golden Spoon to finish the day off with some YUMMIES.



Chuckee's Place
Of course I feel bad that I was only taking pictures of Kendal. BUT the other kids were frantically trying to win tickets and everything is just SO much cuter when they are little. Just look how HAPPY she is!







Exactly my point, not so cute when they are big.

The kids actually did end up earning LOTS of tickets and two rocket launchers, two sticky frogs, lots of candy and a page of stickers later we were on our way to the park.

The Park




You need to know that lately Spencer has been trying to peer pressure me into doing things. He chants my name and tries to get me to do things like my crazy dance in front of others, he tried to get me to eat a hot pepper at lunch and here it is he got me on top of this mountain. I always cave under peer pressure I have the past to prove it. Oh yeah and this picture.

Kendal loves the park. We refer to it as the "SLIDE" and she always lights up with anticipation. Despite my experiences as a mom and negative behavior I taught this little princess to......"Put up her DUKES". She even has the face of intimidation to back it up.

So you see it was another GREAT week of summer. The best part is that it is June and we are still playing outdoors. YEAH FOR SUMMER!!


3 comments:

Hall of Halls said...

You look great Christy!

Jenna said...

Lookin' good Mecham family! You guys always have too much fun!

Brooke said...

Love all your fun pictures and adventures!!

I'm sure I'll see you at the pool this week :o)