
I have decided after reading my How To Be Miserable book several times that I am an expert! I know exactly how to be "miserable" and I am very good at it. I think John Bytheway may have taken Ms. Frizzle's Magic School Bus into my mind and figured out the keys to being "miserable". How about an explanation...........
Saturday was GREAT everything was seriously fantastic. In the A.M. Matthew and I went on a Cub Scout field trip to the zoo, when I got home I was surprised to see my wall I wanted painted was done (what a great LB), I took a well deserved nap, woke up to go swimming at the aquatic center, had a delicious dinner waiting in the Crock Pot AND THEN (this is the climax, may not seem of much of one but somehow it was for me) I checked my phone messages and I had a message that just BUGGED me. Well I made a promise to myself that I would not allow myself to be BUGGED anymore. So I called the person that I love very much and told her that my feelings were hurt. Perfect right? That was the end of it right?
WRONG...... I thought about it all night. I let it turn our Wii tennis tournament into a big stink, let it make me very irritable and well I just let it take me over and turn me into a BLOB of BLEK.
After the kids were in bed MY LB was so great to listen to me and voice his love and concern for me. I just love that guy!
It didn't end there I literally dreamed about it and it wasn't pretty. It was like reliving all the stink of my childhood (had to leave out the great parts because even in my dream I was trying to be miserable) all in one night.
I am better now! I read my scriptures, went to church, prayed hard about it and I am going to try hard not to "DWELL". Because contrary to my thoughts and actions I really do not wish to be MISERABLE.
Daily, constantly, we choose by our
desires, our thoughts, and our actions
whether we want to be blessed or cursed,
happy or miserable.
- Ezra Taft Benson
4 comments:
Off the subject...
I don't know how often Maggie's teacher tells you how good she is in Primary, but she's smart!
She knew the exact answer that Sister Salcedo was looking for in sharing time.
And I'd like to recommend a book I read in college. That last quote reminded me of it, I'll have to search to find out what it's called cuz I think you'd like it.
Ok I've spent the last 2 hours looking for this book. I finally found the title!
It's called "Leadership and Self Deception. Getting out of the box."
Good call. =)
Hope all has settled down. Looking forward to our movie night next week.
Post a Comment