Tuesday, September 9, 2008

The days fly by


I can't believe it has been a week since I have posted. I guess we aren't as exciting as we thought we were. Jeremiah had A LOT of kid time at the end of last week as mom was BUSY. I went to the Temple Thursday night with the Relief Society. It was so wonderful, I love the Temple! Friday was our big much anticipated Breaking Dawn Book Discussion. It was a good time and we decided to start a Book Club. I am very excited about this. And Saturday morning (after dad had his raquetball break) mom went to the Ward baptisms. This is the best part of my calling. I am the Second Counselor in the Primary Presidency and I am assigned to attend all baptisms and sometimes I get to speak. I love watching the children as they come out of the waters of baptism. It rejuvenates me and my desire to keep my baptismal covenants. So dad how was it with mom gone so much? And I quote "It wasn't bad". We did do our Saturday chores (I am still FLYING) and rewarded our job well done with ICE CREAM at Dairy Queen. Sunday a new Bishopric was called. We are grateful to Bishop Smith for his service! I enjoyed listening to our new Bishop, Bishop Taylor talk to the Primary children on Sunday. The Spirit was very strong as he told all of the Primary children how much he loved them and that Heavenly Father wants him to get to know all of them by name. For Family Home Evening on Monday we talked about Christ visiting the Nephites and blessing all of the children. This confirmed my feelings and the Spirit I felt when Bishop Taylor spoke to the Primary children. So it was a good week!!! I even took a picture of our little Princess hiding out in the dog kennel while mommy was FLYING (cleaning) in the kitchen.

1 comment:

Jesmyluk said...

I know what you mean, I teared up several times Sunday. We are so lucky as a ward to have had such a wonderful Bishop and now it looks like we are getting blessed again in our new Bishop.

Good job on the FLYING. 80)