



Camp Happy!! We love to camp, I don't know why we don't do it more often. We had the best time with our ward family. The camp out was at Clear Creek, it is a beautiful place with lots of bugs and critters. The kids had a blast playing with friends, exploring, catching lizards and bugs, eating and getting dirty. I love to see them bond with such wonderful children (I know they are wonderful because I get to spend every Sunday with them in Primary) and build lasting friendships. They weren't the only ones that bonded, Jeremiah and I had a great time chatting, laughing and sharing stories with our Ward friends (after the kids went down). This was a fantastic experience and an answer to our prayers. In Family Home Evening we pick three things that we want to pray for each week and it just so happens that we were praying to get to know our ward family better. A testimony to us that Heavenly Fathers hears and answers our prayers. In the morning we took a short walk to the creek. It was so peaceful and the kids had a BLAST (especially Kendal, Maggie and Spencer. Matthew kept feeling spiders crawling on him.) So, being that we are the Mecham's well the Mecham family with Christy in it, I am sure your going so whats "THE STORY" (there is always a story with me) and I am not letting you down. We get back into our tent at about 11:45pm after visiting with friends and "STINKY", Kendal was ripe. So what would you do? Wake her, she did have a bit of a rash. Or let her sleep? Now I have never had problems in the past so I went ahead and changed her diaper. AHHHHHH!!!! She was up ALL night. She was laughing, talking (words we didn't even know that she could say), making all kinds of noise and the only person she wanted was MOM. Now I was feeling like group camping is for the birds because everyone was so close I know they could hear this little girl ALL night. So I played, I rocked, I cried (not really), and I decided next time she SLEEPS IN IT!! Well since every story needs a happy ending here it is. The ward camp out was a huge success and we love our ward family!
2 comments:
We had so much fun getting to know you and Jeremiah better too. Thanks you for making me laugh till it hurt that cat story was enough to keep me smiling, thereby making people think I am even crazier than I am, for months. LOL We have to do that again as soon as we get a chance whther its the ward campout or just a bunch of us going on our own.
We had a great time too! I wish I had been able to talk to you more on Saturday. I'm sure we'll catch up this weekend at the crop at your house--I can't wait!!
Post a Comment