Wednesday, September 23, 2009

Just a little push and some seeds

Photobucket


A couple of Sundays ago a great man volunteered his services to help any family in the ward that desired to start their garden. After three years of having a lonely white picket fence with no garden to protect we decided that we needed to be that family. Early Saturday morning we gathered up our tools and with the help of this great man we started the unstartable.

A GARDEN!!

A few things...

1. The kids were so excited that it was all they talked about for the entire week (now we are on to, when will it grow?)
2. It was easier then I thought it would be. I pictured the dirt being more perfect, what is perfect dirt?
3. We planted; cucumber, lettuce, carrots, onions and snap peas.
4. Brother Montgomery was amazing with the kids. I was a bit nervous but they listened to him and worked right along side him (maybe to close sometimes).
So you see, just a little push in the right direction was all we really needed.
Thank you Brother Montgomery!

4 comments:

Amie said...

So is this the right time I guess? It still seems so hot!

The Gearharts said...

Ooo that is exciting...now come plant me one...NOW!

Jesmyluk said...

I cannot wait till spring!! I am going to go crazy planting & cultivating my own garden!! In Missouri I will be able to enjoy flowers all summer long! WHat a concept! I am also really excited to grow yummy veggies & some fruit. Does Rhubarb grow here? I will have to goole it & see. I have missed eating rhubarb right off the stalk.

Jenna said...

Awesome! David was saying he wanted Bro. Monty to come to our house too. We started some seedlings inside last week so we'll be planting soon as well!