Labor Day weekend was "wonderful"!
I have been reading the book, The Highly Sensitive Person (for the second time) and finding that I have a lot (not all) of the qualities of a highly sensitive person. So I am taking my reading a step farther and trying to put some of the recommended strategies for overcoming, no coping with, learning to live with, no just plain enjoying being sensitive.
One of the recommended strategies was to take a vacation without planning anything more then the "where". So I did and honestly it was more difficult then I thought. I would be on the Internet and think, I will just peak at the Sea World and Zoo prices and see if there are any deals. Silly I know, but I didn't do it and we went to San Diego with nothing on are agenda. Just a place to stay close to the beautiful ocean beaches.
I could not believe how relaxed we all were. It was amazing! We spent a good deal of time in our hotel room playing uno, catching up on cartoon network and sleeping. Best part, I was o.k. with that because I had no plans. Nowhere to be before the crowds came and lines began. I didn't even plan family pictures (which I really wanted to) so we didn't even have to beat the sun.
What does this have to do with being highly sensitive? Well, the highly sensitive person becomes very focused on plans and agendas and they are VERY easily upset when things begin to unravel in a way that was not planned. Or they over plan and become fatigued and again VERY easily upset. Or the crowds, noises, and anxieties of entertaining children becomes to much to handle and again they become VERY easily upset.
So here it is the results of our unplanned vacation....
We spent hours at the beach every day. I can't believe how long the kids (and MY LB) can just play in the sand. They were at it for hours and their creative juices were overflowing. We all enjoyed jumping, racing, diving into and body surfing the waves.
We visited the park for a picnic and put on our roller blades for some added entertainment (for everyone watching). I have a bruised butt from agreeing to a Conga line with the boys.I have been reading the book, The Highly Sensitive Person (for the second time) and finding that I have a lot (not all) of the qualities of a highly sensitive person. So I am taking my reading a step farther and trying to put some of the recommended strategies for overcoming, no coping with, learning to live with, no just plain enjoying being sensitive.
One of the recommended strategies was to take a vacation without planning anything more then the "where". So I did and honestly it was more difficult then I thought. I would be on the Internet and think, I will just peak at the Sea World and Zoo prices and see if there are any deals. Silly I know, but I didn't do it and we went to San Diego with nothing on are agenda. Just a place to stay close to the beautiful ocean beaches.
I could not believe how relaxed we all were. It was amazing! We spent a good deal of time in our hotel room playing uno, catching up on cartoon network and sleeping. Best part, I was o.k. with that because I had no plans. Nowhere to be before the crowds came and lines began. I didn't even plan family pictures (which I really wanted to) so we didn't even have to beat the sun.
What does this have to do with being highly sensitive? Well, the highly sensitive person becomes very focused on plans and agendas and they are VERY easily upset when things begin to unravel in a way that was not planned. Or they over plan and become fatigued and again VERY easily upset. Or the crowds, noises, and anxieties of entertaining children becomes to much to handle and again they become VERY easily upset.
So here it is the results of our unplanned vacation....
We spent hours at the beach every day. I can't believe how long the kids (and MY LB) can just play in the sand. They were at it for hours and their creative juices were overflowing. We all enjoyed jumping, racing, diving into and body surfing the waves.
The Beach is so beautiful at sunset. After a YUMMY wood fired pizza dinner we decided to stop and take a walk at the beach and watch the sunset.

Other Highlights...
Food was so yummy
Church is true in San Diego
Hotel Pool was a BLAST (pictures coming)
Got another swimsuit top (I am collecting them)
Best of all LOTS of family time
Food was so yummy
Church is true in San Diego
Hotel Pool was a BLAST (pictures coming)
Got another swimsuit top (I am collecting them)
Best of all LOTS of family time
As far as this sensitive person is concerned everything was perfectly unplanned.
Except for this picture, that was totally planned.
Yeah Me!
(we might have watched some Disney Channel too)




















7 comments:
Whooooooo that is SO HARD to do! Good for you! I admire ya girly!
Sounds like a perfect vacation. Mark and I have a trip planned and so far only have the "where" Maybe we won't plan anything else and see what happens.
Man, I want to go to the beach!!!
No we aren't moving. Our house in Pinetop is a yucky mess and we just decided to sell of the appliances. I would deffinatly tell you if we were moving. Which as it turns out will probably be in a looong time. So no worries there.
Looks like you had an awesome FAMILY vacation. Thats what really matters the most.
I am SO impressed by you!! That would be so hard for me. As always, you inspire.... :)
Looks like fun, I just want to know if you still have sand in all the wrong places. Did I tell you a did a WW recipe and barbecued a pizza and it was so yummy? You need to try it becays it brought out so many of the flavors.
I am impressed! It looks like you had a fabulous time....makes me want to jump in the car and go there now! I LOVE your sunset pictures, wow!
Post a Comment