Friday, September 18, 2009

When I Grow Up

Just a little ventilation
Thanks for listening
I am loud and try not to be. I hate that about myself. I am the fifth of six kids and as a child I was easy to miss (but not as an adult). I guess I learned how to make myself heard. To bad that my methods of being heard included sarcasm, loud laughter and interruption. I wish this wasn't so because now I have really great friends that hear me no matter what. YET, I still use the obnoxious methods of being heard. I am sorry, friends!


A wise old owl lived in an oak
The more he saw the less he spoke
The less he spoke the more he heard.
Why can't we all be like that wise old bird?

When I grow up I want to be a "wise old owl"

3 comments:

Jenna said...

Yeah, could you tone it down a bit over there?!?! Hehe, I've always wanted to be a wise old listening owl but I've resigned myself to the fact that it wasn't meant to be. The only thing I can do is try to tone it down a notch at a time.....or at least learning to hold my tongue once in a blue moon.

Erika said...

Hey there. I love that owl picture! And the little quote. So cute. I wandered here form Jolene's blog and wanted to say sorry for missing the lunch at your house. I had a sick kid home from school. Next time for sure though!

Oh and I saw you just went to San Diego...so did we, I think we were there the same weekend even! CRAAAAZY!

Jesmyluk said...

I always think of the phrase "Be Still" when I am being loud. Which, I mean, let's face it, is pretty much all the time, as that is really my only setting.

But I think of it & think to myself immediately after "why can't I tone it down? Why am I so loud?" Yes, I was the youngest of 7, BUT most of my siblings were much much older than I & therefore out of the house.

I would love to be one of those quiet soft souls but it seems so elusive that stillness.