Wednesday, November 12, 2008

Missing You

Out Numbered 4 to 1
A letter to MY LB....
Dear Lover Boy,
I can't believe four of your six days away have already gone by. I miss you so much! It has been quite the adventure as always.
Day 1
I know you were nervous sending me off to church on my own with our sweet angels but everything went well. Just the normal hanging all over mom and touching Kendal, not a good idea. Matthew was taking the man of the house thing very seriously this day (it faded by day 2). I was sustained into my new calling as Cub Scout Committee Chairman. Their were lots of questions about why I was released and I just smiled and told them how much I have grown to love Cub Scouts and how excited I am. Try explaining that you love Cub Scouts to some people, it's like you are speaking a foreign language. Oh yes and when I got home and had time to breathe and the rush was over I noticed you did the dishes.... THANKS.... when the kids were fed and it was time for naps I noticed my bed was made very nice and just calling me to come lay down..... THANKS. I know you do so many things for me that get lost in the "FLOW"..... SO BIG THANKS... for all of the times I forgot or didn't notice. I wish it wasn't so, I want to notice all of the things you do for me as soon as you do them. I LOVE YOU!
Day 2
Wow I was very close to bagging the whole school thing. Of course that was until I remembered that I had another busy day ahead. Ventured to the Scout store (Kendal cried the whole time)..... stopped at Sam's Club...... dropped Maggie off at a friends house to play..... boys had early release...... clipped coupons... and then took them ALL coupon shopping. Can you imagine? Well they were all pretty good (I bribed them with McDonalds). Oh yeah... yeah.. yeah.. I spent $47.00 and saved $152.00.... I LOVE TELLING YOU THAT. So we went to Mc Donalds and guess what... I wasn't paying attention and I accidentally opened the FIRE EXIT. There were sirens and lights and the kids were like, "Mom was that you?" and they might have said, "Hurry let's get out of here" or that could have been me. I just apologized to the spectators and waved as I left. It was still going as we drove away..... OOPS! We went home and ate ice cream and watched Speed Racer.
Day 3
"NO SCHOOL", thank goodness! The kids slept in until 8:30 can you believe that? I stayed in bed until 9:00, can't believe that either HUH. Breakfast was at 10:30 (Maggie finally got her French Toast).... Home Blessing Hour (cleaning)..... Ultimate Frisbee with Amber's Clan and Shannen's Clan...... Movie..... and then mad rush to get ready for ROCKETS. I had a lot of errands to run before Pack Meeting so Mc Donalds AGAIN... give me a break Dave Ramsey I am flying solo. I know you worried about me but I did GREAT. I ran that air compressor like a pro, I was Awesome I even had to launch one rocket off by hand. Oh I guess there was this..... every time that stinking air compressor started running when I was filling the rocket up with air I swear I peed my pants well at least I jumped, it is so LOUD. EVERY TIME, I am not kidding. It was a little rough getting home and getting the kiddos into bed. ( oh yeah, do you think you could help me unload the car?)
Day 4
Got out of the house LATE. Forgot to do homework yesterday..... having the same trouble with Piano too. Finally got out of the house got the boys to school and left to visit Michelle. I drove the Suburban, MAN I forgot how "AWESOME" I feel driving the Suburban. And it made me smile remembering how you always say "Have I told you how good you look driving that thing". AND MAN DO I!! I took a NAP today.... the boys came home.... and now I know when you called I was eating ice cream and watching HGTV, but seriously it was a pretty tough afternoon. Dinner was leftovers I am sure you can play that one out in your head. The evening went pretty well. Kendal was FUSSY but I think she just needs a day at home.... ME TOO!!! I wanted to tell you that she is walking like a PRO now and even tries to run from me when I need to retrieve something from her little hands. STINKER!!!
The Days Ahead
Tomorrow I have preschool and then nothing else. YEAH!!
Friday I am going to the Science Center with Spencer. I was thinking maybe the park after school and then movie night.
Of course I am looking forward to your return..... I miss you so much! I know when you are in my shoes and you are OUT NUMBERED 4 to 1 you always say I don't know how you do it. Well guess what I know how I do it... it's because I have YOU. You are such a big help and a wonderful husband and father. You make it hard for me to survive without you.
I love you so much, well actually I probably love you the MOST!
Love always,
Your Lover Girl

7 comments:

jmecham2000 said...

LG,

I think I can call you that if I haven't already. It only makes sense. I think every couple should willingly go through the experience of dad taking care of the kids on his own, trying to maintain the standards upheld by mom on a normal basis. This experience helps dad, at least it did for me, to appreciate the hard work that mom does on a daily basis. Often mom works harder during the day with all the shuffling, service, teaching, feeding, cleaning, loving, comforting, calling, patching, cooking, blogging, playing, sewing, listening, explaining, juggling, wiping, napping, reading, supporting, consoling, untangling, tying, holding, carrying, shopping, lifting, sorting, folding, balancing....., I'm sure I've left out at least a hundred other things. LG, you are the best. I know even after that experience, I don't fully appreciate all that you do for me, for our children and our family. You are instrumental to the happiness and salvation of our family. I'm grateful for the opportunity to take care of the kids to give you the breaks you need and deserve. Dave Ramsey would understand the trips to McDonalds - we won't bounce any checks;-) I love that you love me. I miss you to. I'll see you soon. We'll have to argue about the loving the "most" issue. Thank you for marrying me!

I love you,

Your Lover Boy

Torrie said...

Wow you sound like you need a vacation all by yourself now. YOu two Loveres are cute!

Jenna said...

You two are so awesome. I loved reading the play by play, you have a knack for that. Seriously what would we do without spouses? I'm so grateful to have a partner in this life and the next!

Amie said...

I kinda feel like I'm prying by reading this post and the comment by J! ;)

JENN said...

You can always do more than you think Christy. You made it through!!! But it does make you grateful for when he's home to help huh?

Alison said...

Once again...I have the greatest brother!!! Jonathan is great too, but holy cow, Jer, you blow me away. You and Christy are such phenomenal examples of love and a great marriage. I love you both!

P.S. Where did Jer go??? Did I miss that part?

Alison said...

Okay, Philip is awesome too...I'm talking about my married brothers. :)