Friday, December 11, 2009

A cold..cold.. Birthday

The weather outside is frightful and my dear an outdoor birthdays is NOT delightful.
Matthew turned 10 last week, exciting I know. Double digits and on his way to that word "TEEN". Time is going by way to fast.
We decided to buy a movie projector and have an outdoor movie on the night of his birthday. Complete with a fire pit, roasted hot dogs, smores, hot chocolate and blankets. LOTS OF BLANKETS! I could tell you how cold it was but I think the pictures speak for themselves.




So, the kids weren't really Smores savvy and were constantly catching their marshmallows on fire, YIKES! I love this picture of Alli and Mikyla, they were so funny and being so TOTALLY girly.

We opted to go for candles in the Smore's this year, it was a good effort on my part. I am covering his mouth so he wouldn't blow the candles out before he makes his wish (it only happens once a year).

And at last this is my favorite picture that says," you may be 10 Matthew but you are still my little boy".
Oh, how MY LB and I love this kid!

I believe when I got into the car after the party to go shopping with my pal Lori the car told me it was about 44 degrees. Not exactly outdoor birthday weather. Rest assured Matthew was still delighted and called me a mom with "super natural" beauty and thanked me 10 fold for an awesome birthday. Which definitely equals success.


3 comments:

Shannon said...

Happy Bday to your little boy!!!Looked like yummy smores 2!!

Erika said...

That looks like a fun and super "cool" birthday!

And that is one huge smile at the end, so he must've really enjoyed it!

About your question for the photography club. I am super swamped and don't know if I should add any more extra curricular activities right now...but maybe in the future when I catch up with laundry....! Thanks for thinking of me. And I am intrigued. What does one do in a photography club?

Jenna said...

Your kids crack me up!!! Looks like an unforgettable birthday!