Happy people sing
"Zip-a-dee doo dah!"
while the miserable
"Zipadee up" their mouths.
- John Bytheway
This makes me wish I had the voice of Cinderella. Could you imagine singing so beautifully that animals swarmed you just to hear your melody. That sounded scary, maybe swarmed wasn't the word I was looking for. How about, gathered to hear your angelic song. A bird glides down and perches on your finger while sweet little bunnies (I love bunnies) collect at your feet. If I could sing like that I know I would sing more often, hence making me happier. Quote John Bytheway- There's something about singing a song that makes you happy. Miserable people sing the blues while happy people sing "Blue Skies Shining on Me". -end quote
Just this very morning I had an experience where the act of singing made one happier. I of course, found some excuse to be busy. I had to go to the store and get last minute presents before the kids were home for winter break. In the car after our second stop I noticed Kendal was not to happy, she had pulled off her beanie and was fuzzy-ing her nose. I felt bad, what could I do? Turn on a movie, NO! So I started singing along to "Jingle Bell Rock ". Before long she was smiling and saying, "your silly mommy", I told you singing was not my thing. I guess it is important to say that I too felt happier as I sang, " Jingle bell time is a swell time to ROCK THE NIGHT AWAY".
TIS TRUE... TIS TRUE.. singing DOES make you feel happy... UNLESS of course you are singing the blues.
1 comment:
Oh so true, so true, my kids love it when I sing, especially in my highly trained OPERA voice.
Post a Comment