Wednesday, December 2, 2009

WHY?

Please someone tell me WHY!

Why did I check the book out in the first place? Did I not read the synopsis? Did I not read that it was about a Mormon housewife that meets an actor?

Why did I keep reading after the events repeated themselves for the third time? On again off again friendship. When will the plot thicken?

Why did the dumb book make me cry? OK I admit I sobbed, for a long time. Stupid book, thank you Ashlee for the warning.

Why did the sadness drag out so long? We get the point quit making us cry.

AND PLEASE, PLEASE, PLEASE someone tell me why did the ending have to SUCK? Being a Mormon housewife myself I rarely ever use that word SUCK (tee-hee), so you must know that I am serious.

Why is my day over? I read and read and read and now my day is over and I have nothing to show for it. And for what? A good cry and crappy ending (Oh now I never use that word "crappy" EVER).

Oh dread! How will I ever face MY LB at the end of the day? EASY, (book ruiner, stop reading) for I am ever so glad that he is alive and he is my husband. I am glad that we are outnumbered by feisty kiddos. There is no one else in the entire world that I would rather be outnumbered with.

MY LB is amazing and just right for me and I will go to the ends of the Earth to show him how much I love him. Well, at least until the shock and trauma of this book wheres off. OH DREAD!

2 comments:

Amie said...

ok I've been waiting for this book from the library forever...i've heard it's so good...should I not read it?? I've been looking forward to it!

Amie said...

K just finished it last night. And I LOVED it. (I actually stayed up all night just thinking about it...running thru my mind over and over) Now I admit, the first 80 pages or so made me nervous--because I was afraid it was going to be a predictable this-friendship-is-going-to-ruin-this-marriage situation. Once their relationship became tried and true,I relaxed and enjoyed the story. I found it very believable that the friendship would ebb and flow (as occurs for reals we know) and that it would take higher priorities at times than others. Of course the death saddened me and I cried for 28 straight pages. This is when I fell in love with the book and Shannon Hale--her witty and funny stuff is gooood. So goood. But she can also write trauma and she did it shockingly convincingly well. I hated the fact that it happened in the book and I cried and cried, but it felt so real and very well done. I was a little disappointed in the ending HOWEVER, I like that Hale decided to keep the friendship a friendship, and as I'm writing in my goodreads review, I'm glad that she showed that just because the relationship had the green light to progress, doesn't mean that it should and could. They were friends. That's all it ever was. And that gives me hope that boys and girls can be friends. The right ones, anyway. :)