Today I took our little Cocoa Bean rabbit to school for show and tell. It was very exciting, Cocoa got a bath for the big day and everything. When I arrived Maggie's class was sitting quietly on the carpet waiting for "The Rabbit" with Maggie sitting in front of them on a big chair. I loved seeing their excited faces and hearing their little kiddo murmur as I pulled Cocoa out of her box. I handed the rabbit over to Maggie and kids began raising their hands with questions.
This is where Maggie took control, Yes Maddie do you have a question? Timmy I can't call on you until you are sitting criss cross. It is getting a little loud for questions I can't call on anyone else until you get quiet. Ricky you are being so good today what is your question (I guess he is not usually good because the teacher agreed with her). I called on Bobby because he was sitting quietly. It just kept going from there and I was completely astonished. Who is this little teacher sitting in front of me? Is she the same little girl that lives at my house? The one that giggles when she gets her brothers all riled up, the one that burps and laughs, picks on her baby sister and still fuzzies her bear and sucks her fingers? Is it REALLY my little girl?
NO IT CAN'T BE
IT JUST CAN'T BE
4 comments:
That's so great!! she really sounds like a teacher in the making!
Love her! I was using some of those phrases with the YW the other night...just to make them giggle.
She must have been well taught by "Miss Christie" Good job, mom.
That is so awsome! Hey Isn't great to see what you're teaching is actually effective, even if there is no sign of it at home. I'm always worried it might be the other way around, (good at home and crazy at school)
Post a Comment