Some dream of big things, others wake up and do them.
- Old Saying
This miserable Monday is about sleeping to much. I thought about what I was going to say about sleeping and mostly I thought, I wish. But the more I thought about it the more I started to remember this little piece of my life that some how I forgot. Maybe all of the hours of missed sleep fogged my memory. Quote Johnbytheway - Miserable people repeatedly hit the snooze button to avoid living each day to the fullest. When life's alarm clock goes off and says, "Get up and do something," they smack the snooze button and say, "Yeah, sometime I will." -end quote
Here is my little forgotten memory. After my first baby Matthew was born I slept A LOT. I remember all of the new baby advice and I know more than once I heard, "You have to get your sleep whenever you can." So according to their advice I slept and I did it all in the sport of being a good mom. I am pretty sure MY LB has relatives that still talk about the time they visited me and my baby at 3:00 in the afternoon and we were still in our PJ's. If everyone that visited compared notes they would be surprised to know, "I NEVER CHANGED OUT OF THEM." There was no point I was on my way back to bed soon anyway. They would also probably laugh when at the same time they declared that I said, "We are having a Jammie day." There were LOTS of Jammie days.
No, I wasn't depressed and I don't think I was just being lazy. I am not sure why I slept so much, maybe because I could. Matthew and I would wake up at 9:00am and then take a two to three hour nap in the afternoon. This went on for about two and half years UNTIL, Spencer was born. This had to be the rudest awakening of my life. I was a wreck and to top it all off the kid was COLICKY, cried lots and slept little. I seriously remember thinking I was going to die. I don't know if I ever said it out loud but I remember thinking to myself several times that I wish I would have prepared more and slept less. And that my friends was the end of my two and half year sleep run, I wonder what I missed?
Quote Johnbytheway - Miserable people think the perfect world is found only on their Perfect Sleeper brand mattress. -end quote If that is the case, tonight I am feeling mighty miserable.
GOOD NIGHT

5 comments:
I've never been a napper...they kind of ruin me for the rest of the day. Like, they make me grouchy and irritable, (I'd have been better off if I hadn't napped at all) and then I can't sleep at night.
So, I agree with John there that sleep isn't necessarily the cure all. Ya miss out on too much. :)
I slept alot after Kieran was born too. And just like you once Liam came along all that extra sleep disappeared.
However Liam, just like all of my kids, was a great sleeper. So, I didn't have to take care of a poor colicky cuddly bundle of baby.
Poor Spencer. Give him an extra hug from me if he'll let you. Just because being colicky must have sucked for him too. ;^)
I must be pretty dang miserable.
Actually, and in all honesty, for me, the more I sleep, the more likely it is that I am depressed. I slept until 5 pm on Sunday. I got to bed at 2 am that morning, and had a rough morning, and just kept on sleeping. Quite excessively.
So this is a good post for me. I've been thinking about over the last couple days, and wondering what my funk is and how to get over it. Patrick worries that I'll be this way when we have kids, and I'm sure I'll still WANT to sleep, but Motherhood will give me a shot of energy. (I hope!)
So, now to figure out what my deal is...
Love this: "Quote Johnbytheway - Miserable people repeatedly hit the snooze button to avoid living each day to the fullest. When life's alarm clock goes off and says, "Get up and do something," they smack the snooze button and say, "Yeah, sometime I will."
This helps me with my workouts!!! I need to make a sign and post it by my alarm clock!!! ;) Thanks for sharing!!!
I wouldn't say I am miserable. I am a pretty happy person most of the time. When I had Donovan that boy NEVER slept...seriously you can ask my hubby. I was SO sleep deprived I was...well lets just say that I am lucky that my husband stuck with me. I have always been a napper since I was a baby or so my mom said, and when D came it was such a rough time.
Post a Comment