Monday, January 4, 2010

Miserable Monday #24

Laughter is sunshine; it chases the winter
from the human face.
- Victor Hugo

Quote Johnbytheway- Have you ever laughed so hard that your stomach was sore the next day? ...."laugh your way to washboard abs." -end quote I think everyone would laugh more if this was the case. I can picture it now, groups of people at the gym sitting around laughing at the prompt of their instructors. Would the instructor be telling jokes or teaching the technique of fake laughter. I choose the joke telling and I would LOVE to instruct that course. I honestly would love to be a stand up comedian or a motivational speaker that speaks on the topic of "Oops I Lost My Laughter And I Can't Find It". First I think I have to write the book, that could be a problem.

I really do feel like my laughter keeps disappearing. I will go days without finding it and than all at once I find it and I think, "oh how I missed you my friend". My laugh is loud and scary so when it comes out of hiding everyone knows. Seriously my laugh scares young children, makes the not so young children laugh and I do believe adults startle at the out burst. Yet I still miss it when it goes into hiding.

Quote Johnbytheway- Miserable people think life is to serious to laugh about, while happy people know that life's so serious they have to laugh to survive. - end quote I don't stop laughing because I think life is to serious, I stop laughing because sometime it just plain isn't funny. Actually once you are juggling a full set of life, home, church, school, kids, work, money, friends, hobbies and so much more life gets hard. The more I have on my plate the less I laugh. I have told MY LB more than once that "I am just not fun anymore" and he agrees (I kid I kid). He says that I am still fun we just have lots going on and it's hard to be fun like I was. So that means I have to be fun like I am, right? I will try because one thing is for sure......
I LOVE TO LAUGH

4 comments:

Amie said...

ahh we love mary poppins. =) I didn't even open the video cuz I knew exactly what it was! (singing it in my head right now!)

Casey Lu said...

I learned a lot time ago to not care what other people think of my laugh and you shouldn't either. I love to hear people laugh and to me it is contagious in a good way!
Keep laughing and have some fun!

The Gearharts said...

Oh we so need to go out. we ALWAYS have a good laugh together!

Shannon said...

love that quote from Victor Hugo!