The Temple is so beautiful. Every time we round the corner and the Temple comes into our view we begin to sing, "I Love To See The Temple." It is always so emotional, a testimony of the truthfulness of the house of the Lord.
This trip was a special trip as the Monday prior we had a pretty spiritual experience during Afterschooling when we were discussing the challenges we have faced in our lives and comparing them to those of Lehi's family. We also discussed how we dealt with our difficult challenges.
Do we do as Nephi and say, "I will go and do the things that the Lord commands"? This spiritual experience we all shared as a family led to the importance of the Temple. It was amazing how we could feel the Lords hand in our lives and in the rearing of our children as we discussed how important it is for them to choose the Temple now and to let their lives reflect that very choice, "I Choose The Temple".
We have heard that phrase throughout our home this past week, "I Choose The Temple", and it has become what the kids call, our catch phrase. We bought all of the kids pictures of the Temple to write our catch phrase on and hang next to their beds.
What a blessing the Gospel has been in our lives. I can't imagine raising these four wonderful children without the guidance of a living Prophet, the teachings of The Book of Mormon, the blessings of the Temple and the knowledge of a Savior that loves each one of us.

3 comments:
Ok my fingers weren't quite working quite right. I hope you know how lucky I KNOW I am. I love you so much!!
this makes me happy!
Catch phrases are awesome, what a great way to help them remember.
Post a Comment