Friday, October 2, 2009

Still a bit rocky

What's worse battling the rocks of nature or stumbling over the rocks of life?

Lately my nine year old has been in a different world. When I looked into it I found out he actually purchased a ticket to La La Land about a month ago. It has been a slow steady trip but I am sure he has finally arrived at his destination.

I think I may have to buy myself a ticket so I can get their just to talk to him. I am pretty sure that if you can see someone than chances are they can hear you too. I may be wrong, he is trying to prove me wrong.

Yesterday I hit my breaking point. He just walked around like he was the only one in the world and life did not exist beyond him (La La Land). So I told him that until his behavior changed he was grounded from video games. Surprising how fast the trip back from La La Land takes.

My nine year old through a full on fit (crying, whining and screaming). He was so mad he took three deep breaths and then he said, "I hate you mom". What? Yeah right.

I sent him to his room to sleep because I am pretty sure he is not sleeping (reading or something instead).

When I went upstairs to check on him he looked up at me and said, "I love you mom". Of course I said, "I know". Crazy kid!
This morning he was back in La La Land.

4 comments:

Jenna said...

I wish kids could realize how important sleep is.....

The Gearharts said...

I want a ticket to La La land that sounds so fantastic!!! I just saw a Malcolm in the Middle episode that reminds me of this...ask me about it it was hillarious!!!

Jennie said...

Kids...Did you ever imagine how they would test you?? I sure didn't! And way to go on your hike!! That is so impressive and what a great story, lesson learned and perspective you gained and then passed on to all of us! Thanks for sharing.

Jesmyluk said...

Props to you for not losing it when Spencer decided to visit La La Land. You get major brownie points for not dropping him off at your nearest gypsy camp. And welcome to the land of the preteen. Its not always crazy...sometimes they get hormonal overloads too. ;>