Sunday, October 18, 2009

It's Official

On Thursday I became an official City of Surprise employee. How exciting!
I am going to be instructing some of their tot and preschool classes. This week I get to go in and observe the classes that I will be taking over and the following week I become Miss Christy again. I love being Miss Christy!
The two classes that I will be instructing are: Tunes For Tots and Little Learners.

This is a huge blessing for our family as we have been officially stuck on stage 2 of operation Dave Ramsey. We have been feeling like we are on a treadmill just running and running and not getting anywhere. So about two weeks ago we all pledged that we would ALL make sacrifices and up the intensity level, "GAZELLE INTENSITY". Everyone was asked the question; What are you willing to give up? It was not easy but we have all pulled together and made amazing things happen already. Two yard sales, a half dozen Craigslist posting, some serious fasting and prayers, budget readjustments and a Suburban up for sale tells all, we are SERIOUS.
As part of the plan I was also looking for a couple daycare kids. That was until I caught wind of the Surprise Recreation job. It has all come together and it has truly been a testimony of the importance of getting out of debt and being self -reliant. We have learned that the Lord plays a huge role in this process if you will just let him in, ask for his guidance and be willing to make sacrifices.

GAZELLE INTENSITY BABY

2 comments:

Amie said...

awesome! good luck, you'll do great! I love the baby steps!

Jenna said...

You'll be so amazing, they're lucky to have you! How did you hear about it??