Tuesday, October 13, 2009

Mellow Out


I was just looking through my posts so far this month and I have been quite the intense blogger. I feel I may need to loosen up a bit and post something just for the fun of it. Nothing with hidden meanings or life lessons. Not even anything crafty or creative. Just plain FUN!
So here you have it the top 10 reasons why I will not be mother of the year for 2009
1. I can't help reliving elementary school with my kids; Spell "I cup", Beans Beans the Magical fruit, I am actually debating on whether or not to teach them the diarrhea song, it's just so funny.
2. When Spencer said he played truth or dare at school and I asked him what happened. He said that a girl dared him to "lick a cows butt" I laughed (loud)
3. After winning a game of Super Mario Party 8, I pinned the boys down and sang, "I am the champion, no room for losers because I am the champion, OF THE WORLD", while they cried.
4. I sent Spencer to school with My Little Pony fruit snacks and a note written on Barbie paper telling him how much I love him. (he found it and stuck it in his pocket really fast before the kids could see it). REVENGE!
5. I sing songs for the boys at night to make them laugh. Doesn't sound bad, right? "I know a boy the stinkiest boy, stinkier than any other. Listen I'll whisper his stinky name to you. It is the name of Spencer" It just gets worse from there. I can't help it. It's what I do.
6. I found Matthew's journal entry about his secret date with his friend and I read it all the way to the end, laughed and shared the news with his friends mom, we laughed. You would laugh too, it was GREAT!
7. I use scare tactics. Example: Maggie came home from school one day and informed me that her friend Maddie was not at school today because she was sick and the teacher said that it wasn't against the law.
8. All of my kids are convinced that they need to join Weight Watchers.
9. I need to work on compassion. Maggie has been in school for 3 months and has already been to the nurse at least 4 times. Her teacher leaves me notes about her tummy hurting, girlie itches, headaches and other ailments. None of which she ever complains about at home. I guess she had a little taste of compassion and ran with it. Good for her!
10. This morning while I was putting an eclair (my Monday healthy dessert) into Spencer's lunch and he asked, "What if the kids say it looks gross?" Here it is in all of it's glory, I replied, "You just say, you mean like your face"
And that is why I will not be Mother of the Year (this year anyway)

4 comments:

Jenna said...

Love it. Hey, didn't we learn all about bringing humor into our lives? You're doing great!

Amie said...

That was hilarious. I read it out loud to my hubby and we laughed!

The Gearharts said...

Sounds all a bit to familiar to me. I guess I won't be up for the award either. At least our kids will have good senses of humor.

Jesmyluk said...

When Kieran or Liam have the need for attention I will wrestle them to the ground pin them to floor using my feet, if I have to.

Then I ask them really loudly, "WHO WINS?!?!" In order to be allowed to go free they have to say the following, really loud as well, "MOM WINS!!! THE SUPREME EMPRESS OF THE UNIVERSE!!!!" hehehehehe

Thats just good parenting, I don't care who ya are!